Despite the difficult circumstances, in which merchants operate, are becoming even more demanding, the targets set out shall be even higher accordingly.
The main missions of ESEE are:
- Protection of members interests.
- High-light the substantial contribution, as well as the significance of commerce in the national economy.
- Point out the role of commerce as a basic pillar in the production process within new conditions, i.e.internationalization of the economy.
- Transfer of know-how between its members.
- Dissemination of a culture that promotes the creation of representative organizations.
- Development of structures enhancing social dialogue.
More specifically, ESEE aims at:
- The cultivation and consolidation of union consciousness among merchants.
- The promotion and coordination of its members actions, as well as the development of a united nonpartisan union movement.
- The systematic study of commerce issues in order to benefit commercial enterprises and the national economy in general.
- The continuous adjustment of Greek commerce to the European and international economic reality.
- The rationalization and modernization of commercial activity.
- The vocational training of those who are active in commerce.
- The networking and adjustment of commercial enterprises to digital economy.